James Otto's Chocolate Chip Cookies
Time and Yield
- Cook time: 8-12 min
- Yield: 3 1/2 dozen cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter (no substitutes)
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 or 12 ounces) Hershey's Chips or Baking Bits (any flavor)
Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In large bowl, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add corn syrup, egg and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Stir in chips. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned and almost set. Cool slightly, remove from cookie sheets to wire racks. Cool completely. Cookies will be softer the second day. Makes about 3 1/2 dozen cookies.