Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. In a large bowl, beat butter cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
2. Gradually add sugars, beating until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs one at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
4. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to butter mixture, beating well.
5. Stir in vanilla and pecans. Cover and chill one hour.
6. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart onto un-greased baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Makes 3 ½ dozen cookies.