No one was injured as the Adkins had a fire safety plan in place, Rhonda Adkins told CNN.
"They ran to their safe place like we practiced, in the front yard at a big tree. And it worked. You know, fire safety is so important, and today we used it."
According to Brentwood Fire Chief Brian Goss, the blaze started in the garage, before spreading to the home's attic and completely consuming it.
Trace was on his way to Alaska for some shows and relaxation when he heard the news. He cancelled his plans and immediately boarded a plane back to Tennessee. (countrynow)