- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 1/2 lbs unpeeled red potatoes, diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups roasted fresh corn
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Heat oven to 425°. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Toss potatoes and onion with canola oil in a bowl; season with salt and pepper; spread evenly on baking sheet. Bake until crispy yet fork-tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool to room temperature. Return to bowl; add corn, celery and garlic powder. Whisk olive oil and vinegar in a bowl; drizzle over potatoes and onions; toss to coat well. Season with salt and pepper. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours and up to 8 hours; stir in basil before serving.
Cookin' corn Soak unhusked ears of corn in water for 10 to 15 minutes. Heat oven to 375°. Cook ears in a shallow pan until kernels are tender, about 25 minutes. Let cool. Remove and discard husks and silk; slice kernels off cob. Three ears of corn should yield about 1 1/2 cups of kernels. If you have a little more, all the better! If you prefer to grill the corn in the husks, simply pull back husks to remove silk, then close husks back over ears of corn. Grill until kernels are tender, about 25 minutes. Let cool; shuck; slice kernels off cob.