- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 18 saltine crackers, crushed
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Combine first 8 ingredients and 1/4 cup brown sugar in a medium bowl just until blended. Place mixture in a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish, and shape mixture into a 10- x 5-inch loaf.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Remove from oven, and drain. Stir together ketchup and remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar; pour over meatloaf. Bake 15 more minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 160°. Remove from oven; let stand 20 minutes. Remove from baking dish before slicing.