Saturday, April 30, 2011
Singers must sing one of these three songs:
Randy Travis- "Forever and Ever Amen"
Bob Segar- "Rock and Roll never forgets"
Frankie Miller- "Darlin" (British singer)
All the details can be found at MERCURYTALENT.COM!
Submissions will be accepted until Mercury finds that voice they are looking for.
GOOD LUCK! :)
Friday, April 29, 2011
Thursday, April 28, 2011
Randy Travis is the latest country superstar releasing a new collection of tunes through Cracker Barrel Old Country Store. The 11-track CD includes nine of Randy's biggest hits, plus two never-before-released tunes. Proceeds from the sale of the album will benefit the Wounded Warrior Project.
The upcoming self-titled CD will be available at Cracker Barrel stores on Monday, May 2. (theboot.com)
Friday, April 22, 2011
1. 'Singer in a Cowboy Band' -- Ronnie Dunn/Craig Wiseman
2. 'I Don't Dance' -- Ronnie Dunn/David Lee Murphy/Craig Wiseman
3. 'Your Kind of Love' -- Maile Misajon/Jeremy Stover
4. 'How Far to Waco' -- Ronnie Dunn/Terry McBride
5. 'Once' -- Jamie Floyd/Philip LaRue/Peter Sallis
6. 'Cost of Livin'' -- Phillip Coleman/Ronnie Dunn
7. 'Bleed Red' -- Andrew Dorff/Tommy Lee James
8. 'Last Love I'm Tryin'' -- Ronnie Dunn
9. 'Let the Cowboy Rock' -- Ronnie Dunn/Dallas Davidson
10. 'I Can't Help Myself' -- Ronnie Dunn/Terry McBride
11. 'I Just Get Lonely' -- Ronnie Dunn
12. 'Love Owes Me One' -- Ronnie Dunn/Terry McBride/Bobby Pinson
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
You can WIN a week at a VA Beach, beach house!!!! Wouldn't that be nice???
Listen to WLFS Morning Show b/c Jessica will announce the song of the day and what times that song will play for you. She'll tell you at , , and .
(Country Club members will be sent the Song of the Day schedule in advance so sign up to be a country club member at wfls.com)
When you hear the song be the 9th caller and you qualify for the Great Beach House Giveaway.
Keep your radio on 93.3 or listen on your computer at wfls.com to win.
All the rules can be found here.
Friday, April 15, 2011
Martina McBride's Corn Cornbread Recipe.
1 1/4 c. yellow cornmeal, plus more for pan
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 lg. eggs
1/2 c. low-fat buttermilk
1/2 c. whole milk
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 c. fresh corn kernels
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 9" by 5" loaf pan and dust with cornmeal.
2. In large bowl, combine cornmeal, sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In medium bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk, milk, and oil. Stir egg mixture into cornmeal mixture until just combined. With rubber spatula, stir in corn. Pour batter into prepared pan.
3. Bake 15 minutes. Reset oven control to 325°F, and bake 45 to 55 minutes longer or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 30 minutes. Remove from pan and cut into thick slices to serve. Makes 12 servings.
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Friday, April 8, 2011
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Monday, April 4, 2011
Reba’s an internationally acclaimed singer. An accomplished TV and Broadway actress, and even a best selling author. You can pretend to be Reba, wearing a red gown with golden glitter accents inspired by “Fancy,” Reba McEntire’s favorite hit song which she performs at the end of every concert.
Order your Reba doll here.
Friday, April 1, 2011
George Strait's Carne Guisada
- 1 lb round steak, cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/4 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 can tomato (10 oz)
- black pepper
Prep Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
- Brown steak in butter in skillet.
- Add onion and green pepper.
- Sprinkle with flour; mix well.
- Combine garlic, tomatoes, cumin and pepper in bowl; mash well.
- Add to beef.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, adding water if needed for desired consistency.