Friday, September 30, 2011
Don't forget your High School Football Scores tonight @ 10:20pm and 11:20 pm on 93.3 WFLS!
Brook Point over Orange 68 to 14
Stafford beat Riverbend 28 to 14
Eastern View defeated Caroline 34 to 12
North Stafford over Colonial Forge 34 to 0
Mountain View beat Albermarle 24 to 0
Courtland over Chancellor 30 to 7
Spotsylvania won over Culpeper 39 to 13
Louisa beat South Lakes 21 to 19
Washington & Lee defeated Windsor 47 to 34
James Monroe beat King George 50 to 14
FXBG Christian over Massanutten Military Academy 41 to 0
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tbsp sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup nonfat lemon yogurt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly coole d
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Heat oven to 350°. Coat a 1-lb loaf pan with cooking spray. Combine flour, 2/3 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Combine yogurt, eggs, butter, zest and vanilla in a second bowl. Toss raspberries with remaining 1 tbsp sugar in a third bowl. Fold yogurt mixture into dry mixture; stir to combine completely. Gently fold in raspberries. Scrape batter evenly into loaf pan. Bake until top is gol den and springs back when you gently touch it, 65 minutes.
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Monday, September 26, 2011
Saturday, September 24, 2011
Friday, September 23, 2011
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray
- 1 Food for Life Organic Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Grain (or whole-grain) 9-inch tortilla
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup 2 percent shredded mozzarella
- 16 slices Yves Veggie Meatless Pepperoni (or 3 slices lean sandwich meat, cut into small pieces)
- Vegetable toppings of your choice
- 1 cup mixed greens (optional)
- Heat oven to 400°. Coat a cookie sheet or pizza stone with cooking spray. Spray I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray on both sides of tortilla; place tortilla on sheet; spread with pizza sauce; sprinkle with cheese. Top with pepperoni slices and your favorite vegetable toppings. Bake until tortilla is crispy and cheese has melted, about 5 minutes. Top with mixed greens, if desired. Cut into 4 slices and enjoy.
Games that went on tonight....
King William over Washington & Lee 38 to 13
Albemarle beat Orange 55 to 6
Monticello defeated Louisa 41 to 37
Because of the earlier rain....games have been PPD.
Moved to Saturday:
Riverbend\ North Stafford 7
Moved to Monday:
Massaponax\ Mountain View 7
James Monroe\ Eastern View 7
King George\ Courtland (TBD)
Stafford\ Colonial Forge 7
King and Queen\ Colonial Beach 7
FCS\ Randolph-Macon 4
Spotsylvania\ Caroline 6
Thursday, September 22, 2011
With very little hope for good weather tomorrow, organizers say that the Kenny Rogers concert at Celebrate Virginia Live at the Job.com Pavilion for tomorrow night has been postponed.
Organizers are trying to arrange a rescheduled date some time in 2012. Please listen to WFLS or watch CVL.com for further details.
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Monday, September 19, 2011
Friday, September 16, 2011
Every Friday night at 10:20pm and 11:20pm you can hear all the area High School Football scores on 93.3 WFLS. I've got them first for you so you don't have to wait. And starting tonight, I'm going to post all the scores for you right here on this blog. Thanks for listening and thanks for reading your WFLS blog! :)
Your scores for 9/16
Colonial Forge 28, Brooke Point 26
Mountain View 48, Riverbend 7
North Stafford 34, Massaponax 21
Louisa 37, Spotsylvania 9
Stafford 46, Orange 7
Liberty 27, Chancellor 12
Sussex Central 28, Colonial Beach 21
Culpeper 41, Charlottesville 17
Washington & Lee 53, Nandua 0
Eastern View 52, Brunswick 8
- 1 lb round steak, cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/4 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 can tomato (10 oz)
- black pepper
- Brown steak in butter in skillet.
- Add onion and green pepper.
- Sprinkle with flour; mix well.
- Combine garlic, tomatoes, cumin and pepper in bowl; mash well.
- Add to beef.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, adding water if needed for desired consistency.
Catch music by the legendary rock band Kansas!! There will also be Chili, food vendors, kids activities and so much more. Plus, yours truly will be making Chili this year on the Radio team. So, come on out for a family fun event with 93.3 WFLS.
Next Friday, September 23rd, come on out and see Kenny Rogers!!!! Get your tickets at CVL.
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Announced earlier today.....Paula Deen is coming to Fredericksburg!! Paula will be at Wegmans on October 13th from 4pm to 6pm. She'll be doing a signing for her new book 'Southern Cooking Bible'.
Tickets are FREE but space is limited. To get your tickets.....go to Wegmans customer service, show your Wegmans card and get your ticket. I hear they might be sold out by now but it doesn't hurt to call customer service to check before you go.
Bring Alan Jackson to your city for a FREE concert. Yes, that's right a FREE concert!!! Just vote for your town HERE. As of right now Mineral, Virginia is in the lead!!!
You have until October 10th @ 10am to vote!
The Mineral zip code is 23117.
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Friday, September 9, 2011
LeAnn Rime's Cedar Plank-Grilled Salmon With Garlic, Lemon and Dill.
Friday, September 2, 2011
Barilla Cheese Manicotti
1 box BARILLA Manicotti
1 jar BARILLA Italian Baking Sauce
1 container (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
1/3 cup chopped basil leaves
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
COOK Manicotti for 7 minutes; drain and rinse in cool water. Set aside.
BEAT eggs lightly in medium bowl. Stir in ricotta, basil and salt.
SPREAD ¾ cup Italian Baking Sauce over bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish.
FILL Manicotti with cheese mixture and place in baking dish. Pour remaining sauce evenly over filled shells and sprinkle with cheese. Cover with foil.
BAKE for 30 minutes. Uncover and continue baking 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
4 to 6 servings